On average, an individual consumes about six pounds of oxygen per day, far outweighing any other nutrient demands. Although oxygen performs many roles in the body, its primary role is in the production of energy. Yes, that is correct, only 50% of our energy comes from the fats and carbohydrates we consume. In order for our bodies to make this stored energy usable, our cells must convert this energy into molecules of ATP using OXYGEN.
By using the hyperbaric chamber, we are able to greatly increase the partial pressure of oxygen, which then dissolves the oxygen into the plasma and other waterborne fluids of the body. This is extremely significant because water and gases dissolved within it, are able to cross the cells semi-permeable membrane via osmosis and diffusion. Since the body is approximately 70% water and every cell literally bathes in water, we use the chamber to deliver oxygen to every tissue in the body…Our bodies do the rest.
Gain the Advantage with Mild HBOT. Ask about our packages.
- Deliver oxygen to tissues up to 25 times normal levels
- Stimulate the production of body stem cells
- Boost immune system function
- Decrease swelling and inflammation
- Help the body to clear toxins and increases the body’s ability to fight infection
- Promote regeneration of injured tissues
- Reduce fatigue from chronic inadequate oxygen supply to the cells and tissues of the body
- Reduce jet lag related fatigue symptoms
- Decrease ligament and tissue healing time
- Successfully treat traumatic and ischemic brain injuries
Verbiage and image generously provided by Sports Hyperbarics